In September 2019, the second EC2i US matchmaking mission took place.
What was the mission ?
The SME’s of our five clusters where invited to join B2B meetings in New York City organized by our US partners but also the Horizon19 event in Boston to meet state agencies, public entities and companies from all over the world.
The second and last matchmaking mission took place from the 16h to the 20th of September 2019 in New York City and Boston. The objective was to match European SMEs with US partners to export European cleantech technology to the US market, focuses on different subjects :
Air Pollution Control & Purification
Site & Soil Remediation
Water and Sewage Treatment
Energy Services & Efficiency & Storage
Smart Water, Gas, Cities & Metering
Strategic Partners: who do we worked with?
The mission was successfull for all the SME’s and it’s thanks to our valued US partners :
- Hodgson Russ : Hodgson Russ is a Law firm specializing in assisting European companies, especially Cleantech companies, setting up in the US.
- BIP : Bridge Innovation Partners (BIP) is a management consulting firm that promotes growth through all phases of your business, focused on pivotal transitions, from new products and services to exit planning and execution. Our background in business leadership, anchored by a sound understanding of finance and business development through the ‘entrepreneurship lens’ , allows us to relate well with our clients.
- WCL : World Climate Ltd (WCL) develops and facilitates large scale collaborations and transactions between businesses, governments, and investors; for local, national and global solutions in the areas of climate change and sustainability. WCL’s focus on producing private-public partnerships, deal flows, strategies and investments transform sustainable vision into reality for businesses, institutions, governments, and philanthropists
- NECEC : NECEC helps clean energy companies start, scale and succeed with our unique business, innovation and policy leadership. We bring engage in influential policy discussions and business initiatives while building connections that propel the clean energy industry forward. Our resultsoriented team turns a clear vision into reality and effectively influence policy to build a worldclass clean energy hub in the Northeast.
- NYSERDA : The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA), promotes energy efficiency and the use of renewable energy sources. These efforts are key to developing a less polluting and more reliable and affordable energy system for all New Yorkers. Collectively, NYSERDA’s efforts aim to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, accelerate economic growth, and reduce customer energy bills.
- NYC Office of the Mayor : The following departements of the New York City Mayor’s Office were present during our first two days in New York : Department of Buildings, Mayor’s Office of Sustainability Environmental Protection Health and Mental Quality, Department of Sanitation Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA).
- City of Philadelphia : A representative of the City of Philadelphia was present in our first two days in New York because it is one of the world’s leading city against global warming.
We would also like to thanks our business partners who were present at our event in New York City, Con Edison, Daikin and Siemens. Thanks to them, the SMEs were able to detect the opportunities in the US market.